Monday 18 March 2013

Vintage sewing deliciousness.

So the other day my cousin calls me up:

Susie: Hey Car, I just cleaned out a bunch of things from my closet and I wanted to know if you wanted any of it. Even if you just want some of it for fabric and then donate the rest, that's fine. I just thought you might get some more use out of it than if I just gave it away.
Me: Sure, that sounds cool, thanks, Susie.
Susie: I also have some ribbons and buttons and things that I am getting rid of, would you like to see those as well? I know that you are sewing and I thought you might use them.
Me: Buttons?! Heck yeah, I'll take your buttons!
Susie: Okay, I'll bring them over.

Check out the awesome vintage stash that she brought over for me!
How awesome, right?


From a bread company.
Wait for it......

That's right, it is a pack of needles!!! Wouldn't that be awesome if bread companies still did this?

Cute little buttons.


One of these hit paraders is from 1957, the other 1955!

The ads are awesome!


But this ad really caught my eye!

Thank GOODNESS for Tampax. Otherwise, how would I feel poised and dainty at that time of the month?

Some pretty pink lacey trim.

The most beautiful royal blue seam binding. I guess I'll need to learn how to use seam binding now!

I really can't wait to start to use all this!

{Why is this stuck in my head?}

6 comments:

  1. Wow those are pretty great! So great of your cousin to give them to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! She's such a thoughtful and fun cousin.

      Delete
  2. I wish I had a cousin like that. Totes jealous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's awesome! She brought over a second bag of buttons more recently, and she gave me some vintage ivory buttons (not that I agree with the ivory trade even in the smallest amount), they are so beautiful, I don't know what I will put them on.

      Delete
  3. Haha if only bread still had giveaways... And I love that pink lace !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's very pretty in real life. I just haven't figured out what to do with it yet. I don't really wear much pink. Thoughts?

      Delete