Friday 26 April 2013

Hungry Like the Wolf.

So, things are going to be updated rather slowly here for a while. I've got a full-time job, a part-time job, and I'm putting on a musical at a different school (plus possibly organizing a tote bag sewing workshop at my current school, while trying to sew a quilt in a short time frame). I'm not complaining, don't get me wrong, but I've got priorities, and right now, posting is pretty low on that list (feeding myself is pretty high). Having said that, I do have a few projects completed that I can post when I do have a spare moment here and there, so you can't get rid of me that easy!
MUAHAHAHAHAHA! :)

Here is a little refashioning project from about a month ago. I pulled this beauty out of my "Drama teacher suitcase of costumes". I bought this beaut for a bad-clothing themed bowling night. Needless to say, I succeeded in having bad clothing:
KILL IT! KILL IT WITH FIRE!
So, now you are probably like, "WTF, Carlee? What are you possibly going to do with that.....besides set it on fire?" You'll see!

First, I ripped where the side seams met the peplum, including the side seam on the peplum. Then I turned it inside out, tried it on, and pinned where it needed to be taken in (especially at the waist), grading out to the hips.
Once I pinned it, I sewed the peplum back together, sewed it into the side seam as I sewed the side seams back together, and I removed the excess.

I took the hem up a lot, and well. THAT'S IT.


...................Hold the phone. WHAT?

Yup. That's all I did to this beast.

So, you wore that hideous thing outside?

Yup.

Oh good gawd!

Oh wait, I forgot to tell you. It was for an 80's themed stag and doe:
Heck YES.
Oh, and don't forget your boombox purse!!!!
 I know. Ridiculous. So there you have it. A little piece of the eighties, just for you.

See you (hopefully) soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment